Sunday, September 21, 2008

THIEF'S!

I am a budding artist who enjoys making artwork for people to use as wallpapers on their computers as seen on my Flickr site HERE.

Turns out, a website called hothuskers.com has decided to take my copyrighted "Bring Back the Black" fire skull and SELL it for profit, without my knowledge and consent!
Then the jerk who runs the site has the nerve to tell me his stuff looks nothing like my work, then he says "Ok, they may be similar". WHATEVER!!!
...

Anyway, I got the store that was selling these items to shut down the operation, but hothuskers.com is still advertising the sale of a black and white version of my design.

Then I found out the owner of this site also owns a site called huskertube.com, which is using my image as their logo!

Man, I am mad as hell about this and am on the verge of a lawsuit since the a fore mentioned jerk wad refuses to meet my demands, which are very simple, REMOVE MY IMAGE and refrain from using them ever again!!! Simple as that, and it all goes away. The alternative is I will be forced to take action that will most likely close both of these sites down, which is a bummer to Husker fans that enjoy the site.

Do realize that I am a 100% DIE-HARD Husker fan, and most of my artwork was created for fans to show their pride in their team.
NONE of my work was EVER created on the intent of making money or driving traffic to some website.
It was created by a fan, FOR THE FANS, NOT FOR PROFIT!!!

I call to all Husker fan's to join me in this fight!

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING Husker related that is not officially licensed By the Huskers or NCAA so that rip off sites like this can not make any money off of illegal items.

More to come on this, and as you can tell, I'm steaming mad ATM!





PLEASE, Post here ANY comments, support, questions,tips or anything else.
Don't be afraid, and I won't delete or censor any comment's posted.

Thank you for your time and GO BIG RED!

6 comments:

boshirts said...

Your work is absolutely awesome and totally unique! I would love to have some Husker gear with your images on it, but I'm totally disgusted that www.hothuskers.com would have the nerve to steal your artwork to put on items for profit without your consent!

Hopefully items will be available someday from a legitimate vendor like www.bestofthebigred.com , www.huskervideo.com or even the Universities shopping site at http://www.shophuskers.com/shophuskers/index.asp !

I certainly wish you the best in getting these thieves stopped and I will be watching closely to see when legitimate vendors start selling items with your images!

The fire skull and helmet is absolutely amazing.....I can't wait to wear a t-shirt to a game with that graphic!!

Best Wishes,
boshirts

NIC4NU said...

Hope credit is someday given to the correct person!
Your design is the best.
Go get 'em!

Go BIG RED!
NIC4NU

Unknown said...

Your words stated herein are far from the truth. Calling someone a thief without possessing all the facts is just plain stupid.

Unknown said...

The facts are pretty clear if you are in possession of a graphic that clearly is not your work and you use it to profit that is Theft.
If you are stupid enough to hire someone to make your website and they use graphics without consent from the artist, you are still responsible for its use as the website owner. If you try to sell items online without checking all this out, then you my friend are Stupid.

Wicked Shadows said...

"Citropolis Says :
September 23, 2008 7:00 PM

Your words stated herein are far from the truth. Calling someone a thief without possessing all the facts is just plain stupid."

This is the jerk wad who runs the sites in question, so you all know!

And in response to your post, Someone STOLE my image, Therefore that person IS a thief, so how is that stupid?
You claim that you can't fix the site until Thursday, but there are already changes to it, such as the new background!

dustin.leftwich said...

you do awesome work and i was wondering if there was a way to get your permission to use one of your images for a deacl on my car